Android Notifications are a lifesaver until you need to perform a critical task on your phone. That is the point at which notifications become a curse 😂 Consider the following scenario: you’re sharing a screen with a friend during a meeting or class, and your friend sends you an extremely awkward message. 😐 The notification will be visible to all meeting participants. Fortunately, such an error can be easily avoided by temporarily disabling notifications on your Android device 😎 Be with us to know the Best 🔥 Way to turn Off Android Notifications temporarily.
While switching to silent mode is one way to disable notifications, it will only disable sound notifications. You’ll continue to see pop-up notifications on your screen. To temporarily disable notifications on Android, you must enable the Do Not Disturb (DND) mode.
It enables you to disable all notifications with a single click. You can customise and create exceptions for the manner in which and the type of notifications you receive.
Here’s how to enable it:
1. Open Settings on your phone and go to Sound & vibration.
2. Tap on Do not Disturb. Go to “Settings -> Notifications -> Do not disturb” on Samsung phones. If neither of these two locations contains “Do not disturb,” use the search bar at the top of the settings to locate it.
3. To activate it, tap on the “Turn on now” button. Alternatively, toggle the toggle next to “Do not disturb” to the on position. Additionally, you will need to customise the DND mode to meet your specific requirements.
[box type=”info” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]This screen contains numerous customization options. The most critical is the disable or disable notification settings. It should be tapped. You will once again see additional customization options. Enable the option “No visual or audible notification.” On Samsung, you’ll find the option to “Hide pop-up notifications.”[/box]
When enabled, you will not receive sound or pop-up notifications. The notification panel will appear empty, with no notifications stored. However, once DND mode is disabled, all missed notifications are displayed in the notification panel.
Apart from that, you can create exceptions to control which apps, sounds, and people receive automatic notifications. You can even create a DND schedule to automatically activate and deactivate the mode at predefined times.
If you want to receive notifications normally on your phone, you can simply turn off DND mode. To accomplish this, repeat step 2 above and disable DND mode. Alternatively, you can disable it from the Quick settings menu, which is accessible by swiping down from the notification panel. DND mode can also be enabled from the Quick settings menu after you’ve customised the settings to your liking.
The preceding method enables you to disable notifications for all apps. If you want to temporarily disable notifications for a few apps, you can do so via the app’s individual notification settings.
1. First, open the Settings and go to Apps.
2. Locate the app whose notifications you wish to disable in the installed or all apps section. By way of illustration, tap on WhatsApp followed by Notifications.
3. Deactivate the first toggle. It should say something along the lines of “Show all WhatsApp notifications” or “All WhatsApp notifications.” This effectively disables all WhatsApp notifications. That is, when a new message is received, it will arrive silently in the WhatsApp app without sending a notification. To check for new messages, you’ll need to open WhatsApp.
Similarly, by disabling the top toggle, you can disable notifications for other apps. Additionally, you can customise and disable notifications for specific categories within an app. For example, you can disable group messages but not individual messages. All customization options are located in the app notification settings.
👉 Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to turn off Android notifications at night?
You can use DND mode’s schedule feature to turn off notifications automatically at night. Choose the start and end times that are most convenient for you.
2. Do other people know when you turn off notifications?
No. Other users will not be notified that you have disabled notifications.
3. Can I pause notifications by enabling Airplane Mode?
Notifications are not disabled by switching to aeroplane mode. However, without Internet access, your apps will be unable to send you notifications. Thus, you can pause notifications from web-based apps by enabling aeroplane mode, but not from locally installed apps (such as your Calendar or Reminder app). Additionally, if you want to use the internet while keeping notifications disabled, this trick will not work.
[divider style=”normal” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]
Final Thoughts 😸
That is how you can temporarily disable notifications on your Android phone. You can even hide notifications from your Android phone’s lock screen if you wish. Additionally, Android provides numerous options for customising notifications. Isn’t it?